Monday, February 8, 2010

I've gotten my faith back into the Film Industry.

On a film set there are SO many codes for different things. Sometimes(most of the time) the code is actually longer than that of the original command or object. But I suppose it's a tradition thing.

For example, a certain small cable is called a 'C.H.' (Cunt Hair). Or a small Dolly In with the camera towards the Actors is called a Mickey Rooney (because the movement and actor are both little creeps).

Anyhow, most of them have a good amusing story behind them and make me enjoy the Film Biz just that much more.

So I've recently learned one for going to the toilet. 10-100 (Ten One Hundred) or 10-1 (Ten One) for short. And this code out of all the other codes didn't make any sense to me. I've asked around on set (crews) and people don't know where it comes from.

Just last week I accidentally found out the meaning of Ten-100. my Dad's (a cop) calling me while I'm taking a dump on set and being excited to use this new slang for poo'ing, I text back (while still taking a dump) "I'm 10-100'ing right now".

See my Dad knows trucker codes like that don't ask me how.

I figured he'd knew what this meant. After I'm done. I get another call. It's my Dad. "Wtf are you talking about you idiot" says the 330 pound giant.

I replay "What? I was just taking a dump".

"Well. I guess that makes sense, because in police lingo, a 10-100 means there's a bomb threat".


Have a good one,
Bryan

1 comment: